STORE NON PERISHABLE MANAGER – DGPP in DAVENPORT, IA S30700 @ Dollar General
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Open the store a minimum of one day per week; close the store a minimum of one day per week.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, in ensuring the financial integrity of the store through strict cash accountability, key control, and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures.
- Authorize and sign for refunds and overrides; count register; deposit money in bank.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications. Assist Store Manager in ensuring employee compliance
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, in training assigned associates in the proper stocking and presentation of Non-Perishable products.
- Record Non- Perishable Markdowns, while analyzing causes and working with Store Manager to take corrective action to prevent recurrences.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, in sanitation standards and training of all associates assigned in the Non-Perishable area using the Cleaning Schedule.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, in ensuring the execution of the stores 7 Day Workflow Plan as it relates to stocking standards and (Find –Fill – Fix) procedures.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, in ensuring the stores uHHT is used as an investigative device to prevent out of stocks as well as overstocks.
- Ensure that merchandise is presented according to established practices and Store Manager direction; utilize merchandise fixtures properly including presentation, product pricing and signage.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, with POG execution, pricing integrity to include price changes, Was/Now, TRP, and Ad signs, as well as all Super Tuesday pricing and signing execution.
- Assist Store Manager, as directed, to minimize damages and markdowns, ensure accurate scanning and paperwork, and follow inventory control procedures to maintain accurate inventory levels.
- Assist the Store Manager with ensuring that customers’ needs and requests are routinely addressed in an efficient and timely manner. Maintain daily contact with customers to understand merchandise expectations and desires.
- Assist with other operational areas as directed Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Ability to learn and perform cash register functions to generate reports.
- Ability to review Operating Statements and identify business trends (including sales, profitability and turn) expense control opportunities, shrink and errors.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
- Good organization skills with attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise presentation guidance.
- Knowledge of and willingness to comply with company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
- Ability and willingness to obtain required certifications in food handling.
WORK EXPERIENCE &/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred
- One year of experience in a retail environment and six months supervisory experience preferred
- Previous lead experience and/or grocery store experience preferred.
Experience Level: Junior/Associate
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here