SWAT Warehouse Travel Team @ Supervalu
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Receives, stores, and/or selects various grocery, perishable, general merchandise. products or supplies from warehouse stock.
- Transports product throughout the warehouse via pallet jack of forklift.
- Works in a fast-paced environment with varying temperatures.
- Assists other departments with work activities when required.
- Promotes good working relationships by maintaining a courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintains order selection performance standards of speed and accuracy with minimum damage.
- Attends work regularly and on time as scheduled.
- Ensures the correct labels are on the correct pallet.
- Inspects assigned jack for safety issues.
- Turns on single and dual temp trailers refrigerator units at the proper times.
- Loads trucks in sequence based on delivery schedule and routing using at least 5 load bars per route to ensure a secure delivery.
- Distributes finished load sheets to the inside of the trailer, to the dispatcher, and to the driver.
- Selects product on heavy nights or if understaffed.
- Keeps area clean and debris out of work area during work hours.
- Operates pallet jack in safe and efficient manner.
- Reports to lead, supervisor, or manager if there isn’t enough work on the loading dock.
- Removes debris and empty pallets from the dock upon completion of loading.
- Reports any discrepancies in pallet counts, missing repack or unsound pallets to the lead, supervisor, or manager.
- Ability to travel 100% of the time in 2-week increments.
- Ability to work in all sections of the warehouse, including refrigerated and frozen.
- Ability to work in selection, loading and other areas as needed.
- Well versed in the use of a forklift, single and double pallet jacks.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends when required.
- Experienced in Vocollect and other warehouse management systems.
- Ability to select and load at established minimum rate for department
- Astute, close attention to detail.
- Understand and properly follow all selecting and loading procedures and verbal instructions in your respective area: grocery, cooler and freezer. Possess an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
- Understanding of Safety guidelines
- Warehouse/Operations required
- Understanding of WMS required
- Forklift, selection and loading experience required
- Valid Driver’s License is REQUIRED
Experience Level: Entry Level
Work From: Onsite
View all jobs of Company: Click here