Technical Project Manager @ Southwest Airlines
- Act as primary lead for assigned projects, establishing internal/external Stakeholders, define and ensure timelines are met, appropriately executed and status is appropriately communicated through the full leadership spectrum
- Manage overall work breakdown among supply chain teams; effectively anticipating, identifying, and driving resolution.
- Schedule and support the tasks of the highly interdependent deliverables, resources, projects, and initiatives.
- Identify the projects and/or programs’ critical path and plan and measure the project goals and objectives.
- Ensures appropriate formal governance processes are followed for programs and projects
- Proactively monitors program risks, issues, and scope, ensuring the appropriate level of priority, visibility, alignment, communication and escalation
- Work with internal teams to ensure progress against budget and if necessary, support the development of capital and expense budget
- Initiates overall communication strategy and leads meetings and presentations to Senior Leadership
- Work with various departments through developing strong partnerships, and provides, when necessary, assistance in project management to move initiatives forward.
- Develop summary presentations to enable decision making for Project Team.
- Provide up-to-date information on the project management system to ensure all status reports are current and correct for all stakeholders to review
- Perform other job duties as directed by Leaders
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In-depth understanding of supply chain management principles, and aviation/aerospace knowledge.
- Skilled in effective verbal and written communication to audiences of all levels and is exceptionally skilled in narrating strategic vision and tactical plans
- Skilled in developing presentations with the ability to capture key messages and their rationale in clear communication for division leadership.
- Ability to influence people within area of responsibility, develop relationships and collaborate with people outside area of responsibility
- Skilled in identifying unnecessary complexity and seeking solutions to reduce or eliminate it
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in tactical planning, resource allocation, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team and be able to manage and influence others, who are not direct reports, to provide specific results
- Ability to manage multiple projects and execute tasks simultaneously as directed to meet Department objectives while seeking guidance as needed to resolve issues/questions
- Skilled capturing strengths and weakness in solutions and gathering stakeholder input to develop possible alternate approaches to problems
- Builds and nurtures relationships with Partners and Senior Leadership at all levels, and makes sound recommendations to Leadership, while providing support and guidance for business, operational and Technology dependent programs
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Advanced level experience, seasoned and specialized knowledge in:
- Supply chain management/lifecycle
- Project management
- Process improvement
- Aviation or aerospace
- Leading small Team projects or some larger interdepartmental projects with senior stakeholders
- Experience with various technologies (e.g. SAP ERP, Maintenix, Aeroxchange, QuickBase database management, Alteryx, Tableau, Salesforce,)
- Required: SIDA badge and meet all local airport requirements
- Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job
- Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must meet confidentiality expectations as to confidential, proprietary, and sensitive Company information.
- Day shift with the ability to work other shifts as needed with little to short notice in support of strategic activities or critical problem solving.
- Travel typically 10% or less, but with flexibility as needed to support strategic activities or critical problem solving.
Experience Level: Mid-Senior
Work From: Hybrid
View all jobs of Company: Click here